Active has a long-standing commitment to being environmentally and socially responsible.
We believe that ‘going green’ is not a one time event...it’s an ongoing
Some of the steps we have taken over the last few years include:
- Becoming one of the first printers to receive Forest Stewardship
Council® Chain-of-Custody Certification.
- Being rated by the EPA as a low emitter of VOCs (Volatile Organic
Compounds). Our careful handling of all chemicals is aimed at limiting any exposure
to the environment.
- We use no petroleum-based inks; we’ve been using only vegetable-based
inks for over twelve years.
- Recycling all of our aluminum printing plates and paper waste.
- We dispose of all fluorescent bulbs and computer equipment in
an environmentally-responsible way.
- Our printing presses use automatic washing systems for blankets
and rollers which dramatically reduces the solvents used in cleaning.
- All pallets are purchased used and are recycled.
- Rather than offering only traditional solvent-based varnishes,
we offer water-based aqueous coatings.
- Printing plates are developed using non-solvent, aqueous-based